My mother-in-law has just had her bathroom re-decorated and was in need of a new mirror. As the size of the bathroom is not large, I wanted to use a large mirror but I deliberately kept the border quite slim so that it added interest to the room without being overbearing.
It seems to be that time again when I know a few people having babies. I decided to knit them a pair of baby booties (although I did read a very practical suggestion to knit three in case one gets lost). It took a while to find a suitable pattern but in the end I opted for a Sirdar pattern and knitted them in Sirdar Snuggly Baby Crofter DK which gives a lovley multi-coloured finish.
These were two simple, and very quick pots, to mosaic. This one is made with broken white tiles (I use thinner tiles as they are easier to break).
I really like the multi-toned tile sheets that you can buy (these came from Topps Tiles and I used about two sheets) which give a natural, random effect. As the shape of the pot tapers I decided to cut the tiles intro strips and spiralled them around the pot, then grouted them with an outdoor grout.